Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fleuria


Fleuria

4" x 4" x 1.5"

Acrylic on Canvas

This painting is SOLD.

This painting is a brightly colored abstract floral explosion! The style is aesthetically inspired by my keen interest in the folk arts of Mexico and India, particularly in the intensity of their color palettes and their detailed patterns. This painting combines my love for tribal art with a contemporary urban aesthetic, resulting in a fresh, vibrant abstract style that expresses the complexity and multiplicity of modern life through a youthful and jubilant perspective. My abstract paintings are very process-oriented and carry a spiritual meaning related to the mystery of existence and a reverence for the unfolding process of life. My abstract art is heavily inspired by my world travels, particularly my visits to remote tribal villages in the Kutch region of India, as well as my visits to temples and roadside shrines in Sri Lanka, India, and Nepal. The painting continues around all 4 edges of the canvas, making this painting ready to hang without a frame!


1 comment:

Austin Maloney said...

I ike your abstract stuff alot.