Friday, April 20, 2007

Ebullient Circumlocution


Ebullient Circumlocution

10" x 10" x .5"

Acrylic on Canvas

This painting is available for purchase here.

The theme of this highly charged painting is the mythic concept of cosmic origins. This painting is incredibly detailed; writhing with numerous colors and various designs which symbolize the endless energy and flow of spirit and matter. My abstract paintings are very process-oriented and carry a spiritual meaning related to the mystery of existence and a reverence for the unfolding process of life. While working on paintings that are this detailed and colorful, I become so immersed in the work that applying paint becomes a meditative process through which I strive to achieve balance amidst chaos (similar to the concept of mushin). The colors and designs arise spontaneously and reflect my interest in tribal and aboriginal art, specifically in the act of storytelling through nonrepresentational means. My abstract art is also heavily inspired by my world travels, particularly my visits to remote tribal villages in the Kutch region of India, as well as my visits to temples and roadside shrines in Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, and most recently, Thailand.


No comments: